Barrow Bells - Links
The following links are external websites with good introductory information about bellringing and making bells
- Discover Bell Ringing
- A fabulous website describing ringing with audio and video content
- How to Make a Bell
- Guy Fox video clip (10 mins) showing how a bell is made. Aimed at children, but suitable for all.
The following are web pages on other websites that have information about St James Church and Bells
The following are links to information about other nearby towers, and associations/guilds
- BarrowBells: Tower Directory - Furness & South Lakeland Branch LACR
- List of towers and dedicated page of visitor information for each tower
- FACEBOOK - Dalton-in-Furness
- Dalton in Furness Saint Mary's Parish Church Society of Change Bell Ringers
- Lancashire Association of Change Ringers (LACR)
- The tower at St James the Great has been a member of the LACR since about 1888.
- Carlisle Diocesan Guild of Church Bell Ringers (CDGCBR)
- The tower of St James the Great is also a member of the CDGCBR, which it joined in 2018.
- CCCBR - Central Council of Church Bell Ringers
- Website for the CCCBR that represents and provides guidance for all ringing societies.
The following are links to information on other websites about bell-ringing for bell ringers.
- Learning to Ring
- Website set up by local learner ringers to provide information support to other learner ringers.
- GLOSSARY - of ringing terms
- Glossary of lots of ringing terminology from basic terms to advanced topics
- Change-Ringing Wiki
- An online community maintained resource all about bellringing
- Change Ringing Resources
- Lots and lots of links to other ringing websites
- The Whiting Society
- Society that produces many useful publications and articles/discussions
- The Ringing World
- The website of the weekly journal for bell ringers.
- Online Ringing Records (peals, qtr peals etc.) - maintained by The Ringing World.
- The Association of Ringing Teachers (ART)
- Website associated with national scheme to support teachers and their students.
- Felsted project
- Felstead Database lists brief details of every towerbell peal that has been rung
- Peal records (over 250,000 peals) for peals rung since 1st January 1953.
Note: Registration (free) required for access
The following are external websites associated with the previous fundraising and restoration of the bells